Cherry Bomb Baby

I live in a pile of bricks with a fire puter-outer, a Halloween enthusiast and a pretend lemur, who sometimes admits to being my second son. I have a kitchen for flowers. I know all the lyrics to the Spiderman theme song and (am forced to) sing it everyday. I cook with color. This was a blog mostly about yarn spinning and natural dyeing. Now, it is fair to say, it lacks direction entirely.

Saturday, January 09, 2010

For my Mom

Here is the hat I made for my mom this year. The yarn was in the process of becoming tomten sleeves but it was a failed venture (I had run out of my main yarn I used for the body and was trying to finish the sleeves/hood with this) until I finally ripped it this year. The single skein of malabrigo in this very indigo-esk colorway was perfect for my blue loving, hat wearing mom. The pattern is the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret available for free on Ravelry. The recommended yarn is worsted weight malabrigo, which was exactly what I had so it was one of those rare moments when we were immediately in business! This took only a couple of nights to knit up with those big size 10 and 11 needles and was a lovely break from all that lochness knitting. You can't see much of the hat here but I really like the shape-and isn't my mom pretty?

Again, loving the slouchiness of this hat and check out my mom with this Maybelline Lashblast pose!

The cable pattern is incredibly simple and a great first cable project.


The color is a lot truer in this last picture and let me just say that this is the best shot I could pull off while holding the camera out at arm's length. Most of them were of various pieces of cabinetry in back of me or included only a corner of hat. It was a giggly sort of photo shoot.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home