Cherry Bomb Baby

I live in a pile of bricks with a fire puter-outer, a Halloween enthusiast and a pretend lemur, who sometimes admits to being my second son. I have a kitchen for flowers. I know all the lyrics to the Spiderman theme song and (am forced to) sing it everyday. I cook with color. This was a blog mostly about yarn spinning and natural dyeing. Now, it is fair to say, it lacks direction entirely.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Bad Kitty

Bad Kitty, as I've been calling her, is done. She is even done way before our November birthday deadline. Super M's favorite stuffy is his kitty (an Easter gift from a neighbor long ago), her name is Gravestone. Really. I ought to consider changing Super M's title to Gothy M since he is a 5 year old G.I.T. (That's Goth In Training to those of who you never went to camp.) He requested this book from his Scholastic Book club catalog at school. Since its his birthday month and I just happened to have this little kitty in the works and because, its so very him, we ordered it. I have no idea what type of book this is, we go through a LOT of children's picture books in this house so I am excited to find something entirely new to me. I am also quite pleased that this is done with time to spare and can only hope I will be forgiven for not making his kitty "all black and with red eyes" as he requested.

And yes, another fall bunny has been gifted for our October birthday girl. I named her Pumpkin Bunny as I knit because it is fall and I am super creative and original like that.

And in progress, for Little J, Grey Kitty. Or possibly, Gravestone 2 (like I said, I am SUPER original). This is only the second of the 2 animals I've made for my own kids. Little J is wishing we could keep some of these animals for our own house and I think its about time he had one myself.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home