Cherry Bomb Baby

I live in a pile of bricks with a fire puter-outer, a Halloween enthusiast and a pretend lemur, who sometimes admits to being my second son. I have a kitchen for flowers. I know all the lyrics to the Spiderman theme song and (am forced to) sing it everyday. I cook with color. This was a blog mostly about yarn spinning and natural dyeing. Now, it is fair to say, it lacks direction entirely.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

A Christmas Update

Slow progress is being made on Lochness Monster #1. She's got 3 out of 4 fins as of last night. I guess I forgot to knit a few wraps while knitting her back and for some reason her neck wants to bend backwards on itself (and I'm not quite sure what I did to create this effect), but in the spirit of 11th hour Christmas crafting-oh well!

And remember those 10 months I had to knit this? Here it is, left on exactly the same stitch as it was when I posted. Oh man. My only defense is that I can't find one of the needles and that I've moved my crafting space a couple of times and we moved our household itself once this year. I'd still like to finish this, ideally for advent(!) but there are more urgent holiday knits at this point. I think M will be ok to wait another year for his stocking.




4 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

That lochness monster is truly awe-inspiring (where did you find the pattern for that?) and I love the color for M's stocking!

Ivan is STILL waiting for his cellphone cozy from his birthday 3 months ago ;}

3:49 PM  
Blogger Nicola said...

thank you for your visiting my blog.
ok, your loch ness monster is way too cool. i used to live in the UK, so i have a fondness for nessie. did you know there is a lake tahoe monster named tessie? oh yes. :) i suspect you are the awesome andrea of sprouts crafty mamma fame, eh?
i've been knitting a washcloth (yes, a washcloth) for about 3 months now.
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

7:58 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Marina, the pattern is by hansigurumi, she has an etsy store under that name I think but its not active now. Possibly due to her book being published: http://www.amazon.com/Amigurumi-Knits-Patterns-Cute-Mini/dp/1589234359/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259907752&sr=8-1
You can look at the book tomorrow if you want here.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Nicola, I love your blog! I'm just more of a lurker and less of a commenter usually. Weren't you coming over for a Friday craftogether? I am so glad to know about Tessie, I am making two of these things for the boys so one can be Nessie and one Tessie-its too perfect.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home