Cherry Bomb Baby

I live in a pile of bricks with a fire puter-outer, a Halloween enthusiast and a pretend lemur, who sometimes admits to being my second son. I have a kitchen for flowers. I know all the lyrics to the Spiderman theme song and (am forced to) sing it everyday. I cook with color. This was a blog mostly about yarn spinning and natural dyeing. Now, it is fair to say, it lacks direction entirely.

Monday, May 11, 2009

More Lately Yarn and Hope

I picked up some pollwarth locks at Deep Color's open house. There was just a tiny bag left and that was good for me. I can get carried away with the hand dyed pollwarth locks. This bag was reds and blues, I plied but in the end I wish I would have left this as the elegant single it began as. I flick carded the locks and spun them over the fold. I also picked up some undyed grey pollwarth locks there, they are irresistable.

There is enough for a small project for a colorful person. About 3 oz, maybe it is enough for a small colorful person at best.

And here's to hope. I thought our neighborhood racoons dug up all my bulbs and tore them to pieces but lo and behold, my first dahlias ever. I have four plants, maybe I will be able to dye a single skein of yarn with the blooms at the end of summer.










1 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Oh I LOVE how you dye your wool with plants that you grow!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home