Cherry Bomb Baby

I live in a pile of bricks with a fire puter-outer, a Halloween enthusiast and a pretend lemur, who sometimes admits to being my second son. I have a kitchen for flowers. I know all the lyrics to the Spiderman theme song and (am forced to) sing it everyday. I cook with color. This was a blog mostly about yarn spinning and natural dyeing. Now, it is fair to say, it lacks direction entirely.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Small Accomplishment

Here is my small, but warm accomplishment of last week. Even if it is only warm in a pretend way, pretend holds a high place in our household. This is Waldorf Mama's free sweater pattern (downloadable from her blog). I knit it in an economical, dark grey Paton's Merino that was in the stash. These mismatched buttons were also in my stash. I think I got them when I used to be addicted to buying old ladie's sewing boxes on ebay. The only modification I made to the sweater was to take off 8 rows of garter stitch at the bottom of the sweater, I wanted it to hit at the waist. The rest of Molly is still pretty clothes-free but I'm chipping away at this project slowly. Molly is pictured in front of the house she wishes she fit in.

Here is who really fits in it:

Our wooden Baby J and "Madeline."

2 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Congratulations on the completed project! (and I love your dolls hair!)

What another coincidence! Shelley (Waldorfmama) is going to knit that doll sweater for one of our dolls. I wish I had your skills so I could do it myself. Fantastic job :)

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the dolls Drea! Awesome job on the sweater - love it!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home