Cherry Bomb Baby

I live in a pile of bricks with a fire puter-outer, a Halloween enthusiast and a pretend lemur, who sometimes admits to being my second son. I have a kitchen for flowers. I know all the lyrics to the Spiderman theme song and (am forced to) sing it everyday. I cook with color. This was a blog mostly about yarn spinning and natural dyeing. Now, it is fair to say, it lacks direction entirely.

Friday, July 04, 2008

The Would be Harf

Here is the yarn so far, but I'm starting to have my doubts. Its beautiful, fun to spin-but is it harf-able? The photo makes this yarn appear fairly matte but its got a lot of shimmer spun in. It may be another gift yarn. I love the spinning of it but I'm trying not to hang onto piles and piles of yarn without some near or distant purpose in mind.



On the next sparkly bobbin:
I've got 15oz of this and the first skein gave me 118 yds of worsted/heavy worsted weight yarn. The pattern calls for 3 skeins of 120 yds worsted weight, I've got enough and planned to take out the brightest spots of roving with the long stretches of blue and pink, got most of it pulled out on the left. I'm committed to spinning 3 skeins at least and then I'll save any leftover roving for blending, etc.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home