Cherry Bomb Baby

I live in a pile of bricks with a fire puter-outer, a Halloween enthusiast and a pretend lemur, who sometimes admits to being my second son. I have a kitchen for flowers. I know all the lyrics to the Spiderman theme song and (am forced to) sing it everyday. I cook with color. This was a blog mostly about yarn spinning and natural dyeing. Now, it is fair to say, it lacks direction entirely.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Who knows what this is?

This is what has been distracting me from life and other crafts. It is, or will be, waldorf doll for Baby J, I got a kit from Joy's Waldorf Dolls, but the real inspiration for wanting to make a waldorf doll is from Christine's dolls. I love the styling of her dolls, the hair! the shapes of the eyes and the careful spacing, their personalitites appealed to me in a way other dolls have not. Not to mention the clothes and hand knit sweaters, doll clothes often turn me off but I love the Bamboletta doll's simple clothing and Christine's philosophy on having the doll's clothing reflect the child's. I also love the handspun and woven clothes of these dolls.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves, I'm not to the clothes yet. Here is the head with pins for where the eyes and mouth will be. And who could resist making the cute nose? It looks better with the fabric over the outside. And I've started on the embroidery for the eyes and mouth, my satin stitch apparently leaves something to be desired. I've had to take out one eye already and need to re-do the other one at this point.


So far, we've been calling it "Baby Head" and it has been pronounced "scary" by Baby J, so I think we're off to a good start.



1 Comments:

Blogger Poppy said...

Very cute! lou x

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home