Cherry Bomb Baby

I live in a pile of bricks with a fire puter-outer, a Halloween enthusiast and a pretend lemur, who sometimes admits to being my second son. I have a kitchen for flowers. I know all the lyrics to the Spiderman theme song and (am forced to) sing it everyday. I cook with color. This was a blog mostly about yarn spinning and natural dyeing. Now, it is fair to say, it lacks direction entirely.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Swatching

Most of my projects are so small scale that not much swatching is necessary. But here I am on the verge of a larger project, if I can just pick the yarn.

I want it to be this yarn, because it has been in my stash for years now and it was a yard sale find and it is heavenly. My only problem is that its not the worsted weight yarn that the pattern calls for. Now I am sitting on the fence on whether or not to knit it double stranded (but will it turn out too chunky?) or work out the math to make this yarn work. The other issue is its obvious whiteness, and just when I said good bye to the dye pots too.

While I think about this I'm letting myself be distracted by some smaller projects. As usual.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicola said...

Is that wool? It looks so soft!
Nicola

9:41 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

It is cashmere, silk and superfine merino. The brand is Tajmahal and I think its an Italian yarn. And it is insanely soft-so soft it even looks soft through the monitor. It has like 8 plies, 4 that are spun as a 2 ply yarn and then call cabled together so hopefully it wouldn't get all pilly and be extra durable and pretty darn elastic.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home