Cherry Bomb Baby

I live in a pile of bricks with a fire puter-outer, a Halloween enthusiast and a pretend lemur, who sometimes admits to being my second son. I have a kitchen for flowers. I know all the lyrics to the Spiderman theme song and (am forced to) sing it everyday. I cook with color. This was a blog mostly about yarn spinning and natural dyeing. Now, it is fair to say, it lacks direction entirely.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Crafting Something Cuter

Not only should I be ashamed of posting pictures of the shockingly ugly socks I am making, but maybe something bad should even happen to me for leaving the ugly pictures up for so long. So now, lets pretend I never said that last thing and just move on.

I woke up early Sunday morning and could not go back to sleep and so my day began in a peaceful way for a change. I am usually clinging to that last bit of weekend sleep and warm blanket goodness until the last moment, likely around 6:45am. Oh, sleeping in. Someone tell me I will know it again someday. But, waking early always has its perks, I got in a little work on my new project. I did a better job on knitting the cap this time, not that one can see the cap under the hair but I didn't like the misshapen caps I knit in the past. Of course, one is supposed to crochet these things but learning to crochet with mohair yarn is easier said than done. One day I will learn the proper way but for now I've pushed that day back a bit since I realized I can cast on about 35-40 stitches on size 8 needles and then just knit a cap of mohair yarn, decreasing as I go along until it is the proper shape.

Yes, we are having neck issues again but I dragged this head around with me today and sewed in some more hair and fussed with the neck/head shaping and I think I've got it a little closer to where I'd like it. Sadly, there is a doll making class this weekend that could likely solve my problems but I don't think I'll be able to make it. When I realized I couldn't go I got frustrated and started this new doll, I've fallen a little bit in love with the (many) imperfections of her features, as usual. J said she looked "blobby," which, is possibly a compliment, don't you think?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet little face she has!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

oh I LOVE her! Shame on you for not joining us this weekend! (just kidding).... will you puh-lease show me how to spin pretty hair like yours???

10:30 AM  
Blogger Nicola said...

andrea, thank you so much for including me this morning. your beauty has the most fantastic hair. i loved it all wound up in buns!
you are one talented chica!
and i didn't ask...the yarn you were dyeing in your crafty kitchen (how lucky are you?)...what will it become?
nicola
Which Name?

8:13 PM  
Blogger ONe PiNK FiSH said...

Do you know where I can get instructions for making a waldorph inspired doll?

sanders. clan @ yahoo . com

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home